Monday 20 June 2011

The Socks Progress Apace


Sunday Swing Socks - Kristel Nyberg
Fortissima Colori, Socka Colori - 100g/420m - 75% superwash wool, 25% polyamide

I don't know how long I'll have to write this as I'm expecting Miss Krissy and her family in the next span of time. The Socks got immeasurably less interminable once past the 1x1 rib and the first two repeats of the pattern flew by. I kept making Fiancé (in six days, Husband) try the cuff on and he kept insisting it was a good fit but I eventually convinced him that, no really, they were too big.

So I frogged them and started over, one size down (CO 72 stitches, no 80). He hates it when I frog things, it makes him very sad to think of the wasted time and effort, but he's getting used to it as ripping things back is at least a weekly occurrence around here. So I ripped it out and loosened my tension for the ribbing, which helped and knowing that after the ribbing things would get fun again helped, and I'm once again two repeats through the pattern and it's a significantly better fit.

I am really excited about this whole "knitting socks" thing. I can't wait to have a drawer full of cute socks in different styles, yarns, and colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment